Ionia County Criminal Defense Lawyer
The Clark Law Firm fights for the legal rights of individuals who have been arrested or being investigated for a criminal offense in Michigan. We take a proactive, aggressive approach to cases because we understand there is a critical window for defense work to be done in a criminal case.
We begin working on your case immediately by conducting an independent investigation — we do not rely solely on the information provided to us by law enforcement officers and the prosecutor’s office. Our Ionia County criminal defense lawyers strive to uncover the true facts of your case so we can begin preparing a strong defense strategy to defeat the criminal charges against you. CALL (517) 347-6900 NOW FOR A FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION
Comprehensive Criminal Defense Law Firm for Ionia County, MI
Our criminal defense lawyers can defend you against criminal charges including, but not limited to:
- Traffic Violations, including drunk driving (DUI) and driving while impaired by drugs (Drugged Driving)
- Sex Crimes, including criminal sexual conduct
- Domestic Violence, Assault, and Battery
- Shoplifting, Robbery, Embezzlement, and other theft charges
- Firearms Offenses
- Medical Marijuana offenses and other drug crimes
Early Intervention Before Charges Are Filed Can Help Your Case
In some cases, it may be possible to prevent criminal charges from being filed by hiring an attorney as soon as you are aware you are the subject of a criminal investigation. Prosecutors decide whether to pursue charges based on the information provided to them by law enforcement agencies. By the time the police present their evidence to a prosecutor, the police are convinced you are guilty. However, there is much more to the story than the officers present to the prosecutor.
Our Michigan criminal defense lawyers might be able to meet with the prosecutor to provide additional evidence, witness statements, and other information that contradicts the information provided by the police. It is important for the prosecutor to have all information before deciding to pursue a criminal charge. If we can mount a strong defense at this step in the judicial process, we might be able to prevent an arrest.
If an arrest cannot be avoided, our attorneys can help arrange a time for you to turn yourself rather than have the police show up unannounced to your home or place of employment. Furthermore, we can use the evidence we have gathered to argue for a lesser charge before any charges are filed. While charges can be reduced after they are filed, it is our goal to have the least serious charge filed from the very beginning of a case so we can mitigate the potential consequences if you are convicted or agree to a plea bargain.
Exercise Your Legal Rights to Protect Your Future
Being charged with a crime is different from being convicted of a crime. The prosecution must prove each element of the crime to obtain a conviction. You have several important legal rights that you should exercise to protect your freedom and your future:[/vc_column_text]
- Your right to remain silent! You have the right to refuse to answer any questions. It is in your best interest not to answer questions until you have consulted with an attorney. Trying to clear yourself by telling your side of the story, even though the police will tell you this will help you, could hurt your defense.
- You have the right to legal counsel! You are entitled to have an accomplished criminal defense attorney to protect your legal rights and look out for your best interest.
- You have the right to know the charges and review the evidence. As part of our aggressive defense strategy, we will thoroughly pick apart the state’s case to find ways to attack their evidence and arguments.
An Ionia County Criminal Law Attorney You Can Trust
We begin every case by listening to your story. Our attorneys believe it is important for you to tell us your side of the events so that we can understand exactly what happened. We believe that every person has the right to competent legal counsel from a Michigan criminal defense lawyer who zealously defends his clients.
When you are facing criminal charges and your freedom and future are in jeopardy, you deserve to have an attorney who is willing to listen to you. You also deserve to have a legal defense team that is dedicated to aggressively fighting for a just and fair outcome in your case. The Clark Law Office is the criminal defense law firm for you. To request your free legal consultation with an Ionia County criminal defense attorney, contact our attorneys by calling (517) 347-6900.