Ann Arbor Criminal Defense Lawyer
Two of the most important factors when choosing an Ann Arbor criminal defense attorney are experience and trust. You need an attorney who has experience negotiating and trying criminal cases in Ann Arbor because that attorney understands the law that only time can impart and he has experience working with the local courts. The criminal defense lawyers of The Clark Law Office have the experience necessary to handle any criminal matter, including a complex criminal case. We also work diligently every day to earn the trust of our clients. Our priority to get you out of jail and keep you out of jail.
CALL (517) 347-6900 And Find Out How To Stay Out of Jail
As part of our comprehensive legal defense services, we represent clients facing a variety of criminal charges from drunk driving and criminal sexual assault to medical marijuana cases and other drug charges. Regardless of whether you are facing a DUI, domestic violence charge, or possession of drug charges, we will take the same aggressive stance when fighting the criminal charges.
We also handle cases involving illegal searches, false allegations, illegal arrests, and expungements. Whatever legal trouble you are facing in Ann Arbor, you do not need to face it alone. We have a legal defense team that understands what it takes to build a solid case to fight the criminal charges against you. We will take serious cases to court when necessary and argue for the best terms for a plea deal when that is in the client’s best interest.
Take Control of Your Criminal Case Now
You have a right to be heard. If you are charged with a crime, you do not have to sit back to wait for the police or a prosecutor to act. You can be proactive by hiring an Ann Arbor criminal lawyer now. If you wait, you could make serious mistakes that could hurt your chances of a positive outcome. Furthermore, hiring an attorney as soon as you believe you are under investigation for a crime could result in charges never being filed.
What can you expect when you hire our law firm:
- Personal representation by an attorney who you know and trust. You do not meet your attorney and never see him again until court. Our attorneys provide personal representation for all clients.
- A thorough and comprehensive investigation of the charges against you and the circumstances of your arrest. We believe in aggressive advocacy. Therefore, we do not accept the reports compiled by police and prosecutors. We search for evidence that we can use to attack the prosecution’s case and weaken its position.
- We are skilled negotiators and experienced trial attorneys. Our lawyers fight for you inside and outside of the courtroom.
- You can expect compassionate, honest support throughout your case. We are honest and upfront with you during each stage of your case. However, we are sensitive to the fact that you may be frightened and anxious. We do everything in our power to reduce your stress whenever possible.
- We have reasonable rates. Hiring a skilled attorney to be on your side is important. We try to keep our rates affordable and competitive for our clients.
Criminal Courts in Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor is in Washtenaw County which falls under the jurisdiction of the 22nd Circuit Court. The Circuit Court has original jurisdiction over matters involving felonies and certain serious misdemeanors. The Circuit Court also has jurisdiction over all other actions except cases assigned to other courts by state law. The Circuit Court is located at 101 E. Huron Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48107 (telephone: 734-222-3270).
Three District Courts serve Washtenaw County. These courts handle criminal misdemeanor cases in which the penalties for a conviction do not exceed one year in prison. The 15th District Court located at 301 East Huron Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 (telephone: 734-794-6759) has jurisdiction over the City of Ann Arbor.
The 14A District Court serves Washtenaw County, except for the City of Ann Arbor and the Township of Ypsilanti. The address for the 14A District Court is 415 West Michigan Avenue, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 (telephone: 734-484-6690). The 14B District Court serves the Township of Ypsilanti and is located at 7200 South Huron River Drive, Ypsilanti, MI 48197 (telephone: 734-483-1333).
Schedule a Free Consultation with an Ann Arbor Criminal Defense Attorney
The attorneys of The Clark Law Office understand Michigan’s criminal justice system. We understand the laws that govern the residents in our state and how to use those laws to protect the rights of our clients. The lawyer you choose to represent you can have a significant impact on the outcome of your case. You need to choose an attorney who has experience, skills, and resources. We are that Michigan criminal defense law firm.
We want the opportunity to earn your trust and explain how we can help you defend yourself against criminal charges. To schedule your free legal consultation call (517) 347-6900.